Southern Hemisphere’s PME&L course will be run in Johannesburg on 21 – 25 August 2017.
This 5 day course is to equip development practitioners with the knowledge and expertise to be able to conduct their own planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning or to be able to guide project partners in doing so. A key objective is to increase the capacity of the development sector to deliver project outcomes that are efficient and effective, and to be able to measure and evaluate these outcomes
The course will provide a space for development practitioners to learn from each other by sharing knowledge and experiences.
Having completed the course, the participant will have:
- An appreciation of the purpose and benefits of planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- An improved workable understanding of the key concepts in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- An understanding of the importance of integrating monitoring, evaluation and learning into project planning, and an understanding of where they fit into the project cycle
- Knowledge of how to plan a project using the Logical Framework Approach
- Knowledge of how to develop a result-based monitoring and evaluation framework
- Knowledge of the different stages of evaluation
- An improved understanding of the different types of evaluation
- A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, and their relationship to the different types of evaluation
Participants will also be able to:
- Develop targets against which performance is measured
- Monitor their projects and the achievement of objectives
- Be identify and develop “SMART” objectives and indicators
- Do a stakeholder analysis, objectives analysis, alternatives analysis, problem analysis
- Select an appropriate framework for conducting an evaluation
- Identify appropriate qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
- Construct a terms of reference and an evaluation report
To achieve these outcomes, full participation is required. Dynamic adult education methods are used to stimulate learning.
R 10,701.75 plus VAT (if applicable) = R 12,200 per participant, which includes training, course materials, tea, coffees and lunches during the training.
For more information, please contact [email protected]. Please feel free to share with friends and colleagues. Hope to see you on our courses in the future.