OTT Consulting worked with the Think Tank Initiative to deliver the 2018-2019 OTT-TTI Fellowship Programme.
The programme aimed to support new emerging think tanks leaders through:
- Participation in the TTI Exchange in November 2018 (for 20 young leaders)
- One to one mentoring for 10 Fellows (chosen among the 20)
- Participation in the 2019 Winterschool (for the 10 Fellows)
- Collaborative projects
- Access to the OTT School library
From 09/2018 to 10/2019
The OTT Consulting Team
- Ajoy Datta (team leader and mentor)
- Enrique Mendizabal (support and mentor)
- Erika Perez Leon (communications)
- Eva Cardoso (programme management)
- Others (not necessarily funded by TTI):
- Stephen Yeo (mentor)
- Melanie Rayment (collaborative design)
- Orazio Bellettini (mentor)
- Andrea Baertl (Winterschool)
Funder and funding
Funding for the project is provided by the Think Tank Initiative.
Total budget: GBP143,100.15
Additional funding is provided by the Winterschool project supported by various funders.
- Practical think tank advice on leadership, fundraising, gender, communications and public engagement from last year’s OTT-TTI fellows https://onthinktanks.org/FellowsReflect
- To promote and make more visible the fellowship, the fellows and their work, OTT produced, edited and published videos of young leaders based on interviews they gave to OTT during the TTIX in Bangkok. OTT also produced videos of fellows based on interviews they gave during the Winter School.
- Fellows also produced or co-authored 9 articles (many of them based on assignments they submitted).
- Why intersectionality matters for think tanks: reflections from PAC by Varsha Pillai
- How deeply should think tanks engage the public by Varsha Pillai
- Investing in a robust public engagement and communications plan for India’s Public Affairs Index by Varsha Pillai
- Six lessons from the 2019 Winterschool for think tankers by Varsha Pillai
- Bridging the policy design and implementation gap: the role of think tanks by Founty Fall, Joseph Ishaku and Sulamba Shaban
- Learnings from the Winterschool and the OTT conference by Founty Fall
- The role of citizens’ voice in think tanks’ body of evidence by Joseph Ishaku
- Breaking paradigms about leadership by Alejandra Teran
- Monitoring and evaluating research communications: overcoming its intimidating complexity by Paula Pino
- Towards a gender equal think tank by Varsha Pillai
- OTT TTI Fellowship Final technical report