OTT Consulting managed a 2 year project to promote and learn about inter-regional collaboration between think tanks. The On Think Tanks Exchange, saw 10 researchers from Latin America, Europe and Indonesia come together and work in partnership on three projects: on communications, organisational development and business models.
The project consisted of:
- 4 meetings of all participants
- 3 collaborative projects during which participants go to know each other
- An action research project exploring the challenges and opportunities of inter-regional collaboration
- a series of publications: communications, organisational assessments, business models.
From 11/2013 to 11/2015
The OTT Consulting Team
Funder and funding
Funding for the project is provided by the Think Tank Initiative, the Think Tank Fund and the Knowledge Sector Initiative.
Total budget was USD300,000.00
The lessons learned from the On Think Tanks Exchange have been summered in the following articles:
- Lessons on fostering collaboration: learning so far
- Lessons on collaboration: Doing my homework in the busiest of times
- The road to Quito: reflecting on an experience of Global Collaboration
- Reflections and Lessons Learned (So Far) from a Global Exchange
- Collaborating Challenges: Lessons from joining late in the process
- Reflections on Collaboration after a Team Meeting
- Collaboration challenges: lessons from the On Think Tanks Exchange
- Some preliminary lessons from a collaborative project with think tanks around the world
- Reflections on Being a Part of International Collaborative Project
- And more