OTT Consulting brings together the principles that guide On Think Tanks with the practical experience of our team members and associates to deliver the best advice possible to our partners and clients. Our work combines initiatives designed and implemented by us as well as demand-led projects.
Often, we are approached by foundation, policymakers, think tanks and their supporters with specific questions and requests for support. If we can do this over an email or a video call we will not hesitate to help. We can also point them towards content in On Think Tanks or direct them to an expert or service out there – if we believe there is a better source of advice we will help them find it.
Sometimes, however, these requests turn into projects and programmes which can be delivered as consultancies. OTT Consulting Ltd provides a vehicle to deliver them.
When we bid for a project (for instance, an evaluation or strategic review) we do this in accordance to the following principles:
- We are careful about who we work for – we aim to develop strong and lasting relationships with our clients to ensure that, overtime, we are able to offer more nuanced and meaningful support.
- We are careful about who we work with – we prefer to work with partners, associates and consultants with whom we already have a strong and lasting relationship. They are also part of a community and we like to take care of them.
- We work from strengthens – we look for opportunities where we know we have a comparative advantage and offer clients a meaningful contribution to their aims; by the same token, we look for strengths in our clients or the beneficiaries of our work and use them as the foundation of our interventions.
- We recognise that context matters and we act on it – we avoid imposing alien solutions without a careful consideration of the contexts and the circumstances of the organisations we are working with.
- We are comfortable with complexity – we know that change (personal, organisational, institutional and systemic) is complex and we relish in the opportunity to explore how it unfolds and respond as it does.
- We are a learning organisation – we expect that every project is a learning opportunity and we are explicit about what we know and what we do not know right from the start. If possible, we position ourselves as a learning partner for our clients.
- We are public – we share what we learn and we encourage our clients and partners to do the same. We believe the work we do must be a public good.
- We are champions of local knowledge and local agency – we always prefer to support individuals and organisations to bring about change in their own communities rather than introduce it ourselves.
Our initiatives, too, are opportunities to address a demand -even if we have not been asked for them directly. In some cases, OTT Consulting Ltd provides a vehicle to deliver them through partnerships with other institutions.
Our team is spread around the world. We will engage with them depending on their knowledge, skills and availability. You can read more about them here.
Our public commitment
In general we pursue the following principles in our work:
- We tell you about our work – we will tell you what projects we are working on, for whom, and how much is paid for them.
- We will tell you what we think – we will disclose any interests and positions we hold with past, current and future clients as well as views emerging from our work and research.
- We share lessons with you – we will always share, at the very least, lessons from the projects. For initiatives we have designed, you can be sure that we will share everything. For consultancies we will always try to include a learning component and/or a provision in the contract to share lessons learned from the project. We will always encourage our clients to do the same. With believe in learning together.
- We will always try to focus on what is necessary to improve the outcomes of decisions on matters of public interest, rather than on what we think is interesting or beneficial to us.
Get in touch
If you would like help from us, get in touch.
Find out more about our projects here.