The members of the OTT Consulting Team and our associates include experts in all aspects of think tank governance, management, funding, research, communications, monitoring and evaluation, and support. We also work with policymaking bodies helping them to generate, access, use and communicate evidence. And we have experience working with policy research funders to strengthen organisations they support. Our team is based across the world and we can therefore provide context specific advice.
We can, among other things:
- Undertake studies of the political economy and social and cultural aspects of the generation, communication and use of evidence in an organisation, sector or country.
- Help organisations develop approaches to identify, assess and use credible evidence for decision making.
- Carryout evaluations and institutional assessments of think tanks and funding or support programmes
- Undertake health checks: organisational, communications, research capacity, M&E, and transparency and integrity
- Facilitate strategic planning processes for think tanks, teams and projects
- Help design and set-up new think tanks or policy research centres or networks -and even facilitate them
- Develop bespoke training programmes and courses on evidence informed policy and policy entrepreneurship
- Help develop and deliver fundraising, research and communication strategies
- Work with both think tanks and funders to develop the most appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework for all
- Undertake research on think tanks, their context, their challenges, etc.
- Review funders’ strategies and their grantees to help inform future support efforts
- Design and produce public policy and think tank events (series, ideally) and learning conferences
- Mentor think tank leaders and future leaders