The Basel Institute on Governance seeking an Administrative Support Officer to support all Basel Institute programming in Ukraine, and potentially other programming in Central and Eastern Europe.
Brief description of organisation
The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. Registered as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Institute operates globally and maintains field operations around the world.
The Basel Institute is engaged in various programmes in Ukraine, including asset recovery, strengthening compliance of private, public and state-owned institutions, and collaborating closely with Ukrainian civil society. These efforts have intensified since the war of aggression in early 2022.
Due to the security situation, travel for Basel based staff to Ukraine is unlikely to be frequent, making a robust in-Kyiv presence for this position important.
Brief description of role
This role involves a) the administrative support of our activities; b) written and verbal translation and interpretation (Ukrainian-English) for the Institute’s staff; and c) research support.
The Administrative Support Officer will work closely with designated technical and other key project staff at both headquarters and in field offices to ensure that our programmes are delivered in line with donor requirements and regulations as well as the Basel Institute’s policies and procedures.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Dealing with various requests from Institute’s staff, including document formatting and editing, preparing basic documentation, processing expenses, etc.
- Support the logistical preparation and implementation of training programmes and other events, including, conference calls organisation, travel arrangements, hotel bookings, arrangement of technical support specialists for the events, etc.
- Prepare agendas, presentations, and meeting papers.
- Liaise with Administrative and Finance Teams to support them on specific tasks related to projects in Ukraine and Eastern Europe.
Translation and interpretation
- Translate written documents from/to English and Ukrainian • Provide verbal or written interpretation support to the Institute’s staff during online and in-person meetings.
- Technical research on the determined topics, analyse and summarise the research results in a designated form.
Experience and qualifications
- Background in working with an international donor or as part of a donor-funded technical assistance programme is a strong advantage.
- University degree in business, law, public administration, or other relevant fields.
- At least three years working in the field of administrative support and programme management.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent English, native Ukrainian (written and oral).
- Ability to work remotely, independently and show initiative.
- Physical presence in Kyiv and readiness for occasional travelling outside Kyiv.
- Superior computer skills including presentation software and the full Microsoft suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Expertise in anti-bribery compliance or in the infrastructure sector is an advantage.
Application Please email your full application file, including a motivational letter in English and your detailed CV (merged into a single PDF file) at your earliest convenience (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis), but no later than 1 September 2023 by email to: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.