The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and improve governance quality. As a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Basel Institute maintains field operations in Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America. The Basel Institute is an Associated Institute of the University of Basel.
The Communications and Events Associate will provide support to the work of the Basel Institute’s Private Sector team and projects funded by the Siemens Integrity Initiative concerning internal and external communication, the organisation of events, and general operational matters.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Engage with various stakeholders from the private and public sectors, civil society, and academia.
- Support the development and implementation of the communications strategy of the Private Sector team.
- Support the team in producing publications, blogs, reports, newsletters, presentations and other written outputs of the projects.
- Develop social media content.
- Contribute to social media quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting.
- Contribute to the publication of a book illustrating empirical evidence and testimonies of Collective Action experiences and successes.
- Provide operational and logistical support to international conferences and award ceremonies, workshops and webinars organised by the team.
Experience and skills
- University degree in communication or journalism, international relations or political sciences, business or another relevant field.
- At least three years of experience in communications, public relations and/or marketing in an international not-for-profit context.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one additional language, preferably a UN language.
- Experience in events management is an advantage.
- Experience writing operational reports and funding proposals for non-profits is an advantage. • Experience working on development projects in anti-corruption, governance or ESG an advantage.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills, multi-task, and prioritise. • Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience working with graphic design (e.g. Adobe InDesign), video editing (e.g. Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro) software, and website content management. Basic skills in HTML are an advantage.
- Motivated to work for an internationally operating not-for-profit organisation, including with partners in developing and transition countries.
Please send your CV to [email protected].