Founded in 2006, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute that has been recognized repeatedly as the world’s leading think tank for science and technology policy. ITIF’s mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress. ITIF’s goal is to provide policymakers around the world with high-quality information, analysis, and actionable recommendations they can trust. To that end, ITIF adheres to a high standard of research integrity with an internal code of ethics grounded in analytical rigor, original thinking, policy pragmatism, and editorial independence.
Brief description of role
ITIF seeks a policy analyst on industry innovation for an 18-month project to assess China’s innovation performance. The successful candidate will be fluent in speaking and reading Mandarin and English and can analyze business strategy and performance on technological innovation. The candidate will support a project seeking to understand the innovation capabilities and performance of Chinese firms and other institutions. In other words, to what extent are Chinese firms and institutions copiers or real innovators?
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conducting original research, including company document reviews, interviews with Chinese business leaders, and a review of the literature;
- Analyzing and writing the research results
Experience and skills
- Fluent in reading and speaking Mandarin;
- Effective English writer;
- Ability to conduct business-focused research, including analyzing company reports;
- Graduate degree in public policy,
- Business, technology, or a related field is a plus