Third Way’s National Security Program is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor to develop and advance cutting-edge public policies for the top cybersecurity threats of the 21st century.
The position will continue the groundbreaking work of Third Way’s non-partisan Cyber Enforcement Initiative dedicated to strengthening governments’ abilities to identify, stop, and bring to justice, malicious cyber actors. This would include drafting high-impact written materials and educating policymakers on Capitol Hill and the Administration on the importance of new policies to keep up with an ever-changing cyber and technological ecosystem.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Senior Policy Advisor, a typical day might include…
- Analyzing the role of cryptocurrency in cybercrime and developing actionable policy recommendations to improve law enforcement’s ability to respond;
- Working with the Administration and the Hill to implement Third Way’s Cyber Enforcement Initiative recommendations to improve responses to cyber-attacks and enforcement against cyber-criminals, and analyzing the efficacy of proposed executive action and legislation;
- Conceiving, drafting, and editing high-impact written products to educate and explain to policymakers the challenges around combating ransomware attacks and enforcement of other cybercrime;
- Developing a communication and outreach strategy to policy experts, law enforcement, and relevant federal and international agencies to advance Third Way’s policy ideas;
- Representing Third Way’s Cyber Enforcement Initiative at convenings, panel discussions, and in the media; and
- Analyzing other national security policy challenges, and drafting incisive and impactful summaries of them for policymakers.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you if you…
- Have a degree in law, cybersecurity, or a relevant field.
- Have a minimum of five years experience in law, cybersecurity policy, or relevant field.
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission.
- Take pride in and ownership of your work.
- Are curious and eager for professional development.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion for opportunity, freedom, and security.
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Senior Policy Advisor.