The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. Registered as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Institute operates globally and maintains field operations around the world.
The Basel Institute’s Green Corruption programme focuses on applying our in-house expertise and experience in relation to the prevention of corruption and the enforcement of anti-corruption and anti-money laundering standards to the environmental sector. The programme covers corruption and financial crime related to the illegal trade in wildlife, forestry and timber products, fish and mining.
The Green Corruption programme is looking for a Senior Programme Officer/Programme Officer to support the administrative and programmatic management of a USAID-funded anticorruption project in Indonesia. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated, knowledgeable, reliable, flexible and driven individual who is able to work independently.
Key roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Switzerland-based Green Corruption Team Leader and in coordination with the project’s other consortium members based in Jakarta, the Officer will be responsible for donor regulation compliance, contracting, financial tracking, forecasting, reporting and administration of the overall programme implementation. The Officer will also work closely with the Team Leader and other team members at the Institute to develop concept notes and other programme documentation.
This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Only Indonesian nationals are eligible to apply.
The Officer will be contracted for a 12-month period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended further. The Senior/Programme Officer reports to the Team Leader of the Green Corruption programme.
Experience and skills
Program administration and management
- Ensure programme implementation is conducted in compliance with USAID, Basel Institute and applicable Government of Indonesia regulations.
- Monitor and control expenditure against programme budgets, conduct financial forecasting and contribute to financial reporting.
- Coordinate the collection of information for substantive programme reports, including interim and/or annual update reports.
- Contribute to the design and monitoring of work plans and monitoring & evaluation (M&E) tools in consultation with the programme’s technical experts to ensure programmes deliver against objectives, meet donor requirements and align with the Institute’s Green Corruption programme strategy.
- In coordination with the programme’s technical experts, ensure deliverables are delivered on time, meet objectives and are in compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure adequate programme documentation.
- Collate documentation/other administrative requirements to comply with due diligence and grant requirements.
- Support other Basel Institute development efforts in Indonesia.
- Support programme planning and implementation by liaising with partner organisations, consultants and beneficiaries on programmatic and administrative matters as required by the programme’s technical experts.
- Facilitate and support the coordination between consortium members and the team at the Institute.
- Contribute to stakeholder management, including but not limited to government counterparts, donors, partners, civil society representatives, etc.
Please send your written application (CV, letter of motivation, reference letters and contact details of three professional references; all documents merged in a single PDF file), at your earliest convenience, and preferably before 10 February 2022 by email to: [email protected]