Global Health Strategies (GHS) uses advocacy, communications and policy analysis to advance global health issues around the world. We’re a global consultancy with offices around the world and our client base includes philanthropies, industry, multinational organisations, NGOs and governments.
Some of the issues the London office focuses on include: cervical cancer, nursing, mental health, antimicrobial resistance and obesity. Our work often falls under the overall umbrella of noncommunicable diseases.
We’re looking for an Associate to join our small but growing, hard-working and passionate team. You need to be comfortable working on multiple projects and, when presented with something you’ve never done before, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to figure things out.
You need to be genuinely interested in advocacy, communications and campaigns. You’re happy to be crafting the perfect tweet, designing eye-catching flyers, organising event logistics, drafting an opinion piece or pitching stories to journalists.
Plugged into what’s happening in the world, you’ll be passionate about global health, development and geopolitics more broadly. However, don’t be put off if you’re looking to transition from an unrelated sector; unorthodox backgrounds can be a real strength.
Although not an absolute requirement, we’d love to hire someone with a specialist communications skillset. We’re particularly keen to recruit someone with a background in design or data visualisation; experience in film-making, animation or website development experience would also be an asset.
Roles and responsibilities
- Supporting the organisation of high-level events by liaising with invitees and speakers, developing agendas, producing presentations and handling logistics
- Managing social media and websites through regular posting and creating exciting content
- Mapping our impact by compiling media coverage and digital analytics reports
- Tracking monthly activities and account deliverables for different projects
- Supporting the team by taking meeting notes, organising calendars and introducing more efficient ways of working
Experience and skills
- Undergraduate degree
- Interest in global health and development
- Strong verbal communication – someone we can trust to engage with clients
- Strong written skills – with an ability to adapt text to suit different audiences and formats
- Social media experience – covering analytics, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Attention to detail – you’re the person who spots the typo everyone else missed
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite proficiency
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Language skills – particularly Arabic, Spanish or Russian
- Experience using Canva and/or the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, etc.
- Proven track record of producing social media graphics and video, GIFs, reports, logos and brand guidelines, adapting visual style to suit different clients
- Experience using data visualisation software, such as Tableau, Qlikview or Sisense
- Website management expertise – experience with WordPress, Squarespace and/or improving SEO
To apply: email [email protected] with a CV and one-page covering letter.
We encourage applicants from different socio-economic backgrounds, the LBGT+ and BAME communities and/or those who have a disability.