The Center for Data Innovation is a research organization with offices in Washington, DC and Brussels that is part of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, the world’s top-ranked science and technology policy think tank.
The Center for Data Innovation is seeking an Associate Director to lead a research initiative on data-driven innovation in the retail sector, examining policy issues such as automation, e-commerce, digital payments, anti-counterfeiting, cybersecurity, supply chains, and delivery logistics. The Associate Director will be responsible for producing a series of in-depth research reports, blogs and op-eds exploring these issues for an audience of policymakers, academics, industry, and non-profit stakeholders. The ideal applicant will be a highly productive writer, an effective oral communicator, and detail-oriented analyst capable of developing original insights and analysis while thriving in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conduct research assignments as directed.
- Proactively write op-eds, blogs, and regulatory filings.
- Organize and present research at public and private events.
- Monitor key policy developments and formulate policy positions.
Experience and skills
- Graduate degree in public policy, economics, political science, law, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years full-time experience working as a policy analyst or a similar position.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, retail, and public policy.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.