R Street Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, public policy research organization. Our mission is to engage in policy research and outreach to promote free markets and limited, effective government.
The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices across the country—seeks a collaborative and adaptive Manager of Business Development to support business development functions within the Operations team. If you are the right fit, you will report to the Director of Business Development. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity you need.
Key roles and responsibilities
Your typical day at R Street may include researching prospective donors for our Finance, Insurance and Trade program, reviewing proposals or preparing our executives for meetings with potential donors.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Business Development and Policy teams to create a healthy pipeline of donors for all program areas. This includes:
- emailing/calling prospective donors to set meetings;
- tracking progress using Salesforce;
- forecasting revenues;
- meeting with Policy Directors on a regular basis to help support their fundraising efforts;
- tracking policy developments that will drive fundraising strategies.
- Working with existing donors to ensure they receive positive ROI.
- Working with the Business Development Director to create strategies that grow existing relationships.
Experience and skills
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills with an ability to synthesize complex information quickly and explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation.
- Nonprofit grant management experience.
- Ability to serve effectively in a cross-functional role working simultaneously with several different R Street organizational units.
- A self-starter with excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage competing interests and priorities.
- A proven track record of managing a healthy fundraising pipeline that achieved an organization’s revenue goals, preferably with a mix of corporate and foundation donors.
- CRM experience (Salesforce strongly preferred but not required).
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Adaptable and able to work through challenging situations with a positive attitude, collaborative mentality and an open mind.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Passion for free markets and limited, effective government.
- A sense of humor and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization.