The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG) is an independent think tank, which seeks to promote understanding and engagement with the UK’s foreign policy, and international affairs more generally.
We are now recruiting for a Communications and Events Manager – a dynamic, motivated individual who can work to build our profile, our stakeholders, and our impact.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Managing BFPG’s press and communications activities from end-to-end, including press outreach and enquiries, research launches, keynote speeches, and ad hoc comment;
- Overseeing the organisation’s social media content and growth, and building its networks and databases;
- Developing comprehensive launch strategies around research outputs, and working with internal and external partners to deliver these;
- Working closely with the Director to produce and implement strategies for growth in organisational reach and influence;
- Leading the organisation’s calendar of public events and private workshops, including liaising with collaborative partners and external suppliers, managing budgets, and overseeing promotion and guest attendance; and
- Managing interns and other support staff, who will assist with the administrative responsibilities of this position.
Experience and skills
- An enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys meeting new people and making connections;
- A creative thinker, who grasps media logic and enjoys communicating research;
- Equally adept at working independently and making sound judgements, as well as being a communicative and collaborative team player;
- Experience in media relations, including preparing press releases, managing press contacts and lists, and collating and analysing coverage;
- Diligent, hard-working and flexible – prepared to work atypical hours around media requirements and to travel regionally and internationally if required; and
- Knowledge of British politics, the think tank landscape, and foreign affairs are highly desirable but not critical.
The BFPG offers its staff support and development, flexible working conditions and annual leave, and the opportunity to work closely with a diverse range of leading national and international organisations.