The Basel Institute on Governance is an independent non-profit organisation working across sectors to counter corruption and related financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. Registered as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Institute works globally and maintains field operations around the world. The Basel Institute is an Associated Institute of the University of Basel.
The Communications and Media Intern will assist the Basel Institute’s Communications Specialist with the continuous rollout and evolution of the Basel Institute’s communications strategy, including in regard to media and social media. They will work closely with and report to the Communications Specialist.
- Drafting, editing or proofreading short texts: press releases, news, blogs, profiles and mail alerts.
- Transforming research publications into user-friendly content appropriate for the target audience.
- Crafting social media messages. •Helping to source images and develop slideshows and short videos.
- Monitoring and analysing relevant media and social media.
- Developing and testing social media campaigns and analysing results.
- Helping to build up and maintain the Basel Institute’s media database.
- Supporting other communications tasks as directed by the Communications Specialist.
Experience and skills
- Native or bilingual English; other languages a strong advantage.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to express complex subjects clearly and concisely.
- University degree (or in final year) in a relevant area.
- Experience using social media for professional purposes.
- Skills in website content management, graphic design and video editing an advantage.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills; ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Please send your written application (CV, letter of motivation, contact details of three professional references and two or three writing samples); all documents merged in a single PDF file), no later than 27 March 2023 by email to: [email protected] For further information about this position, please contact Monica Guy, Communications Specialist at [email protected]
We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic and international team spirit. The work is both routine and varied, and offers scope for initiative and innovation.
Equal opportunity employer
The Basel Institute on Governance is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. The Basel Institute is certified by the Swiss Federal Administration in relation to gender pay equality.