IEEFA is an independent think tank (501c3) that examines issues related to energy markets, trends and policies. The Institute’s mission is to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy. IEEFA’s reports, commentaries and press coverage can be found at www.ieefa.org.
IEEFA produces a substantial volume of original research on changing energy markets and the evolving energy transition across the globe. In 2020, IEEFA’s work was covered in over 6,000 news articles worldwide.
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking a creative, versatile and politically savvy communications professional to develop and implement multi-channel strategic communications campaigns to increase the organization’s impact.
Key roles and responsibilities
This position offers the opportunity to work with leading experts on the cutting age of sustainable energy solutions. It requires a strong background in managing multi-channel communications campaigns for nonprofits, research or policy organizations.
As a key member of the IEEFA team, the communications strategist will work closely with internal partners and external stakeholders and advocates from the financial, energy, policy, media and climate/environmental sectors.
Experience and skills
Critical Skills and Qualifications
This position requires 7+ years of progressive experience with demonstrated communications expertise, preferably in a nonprofit or international setting, specifically:
- Developing short- and long-term communications strategies;
- Conceptualizing, designing and implementing effective, multi-platform campaigns with measurable results;
- Producing high-quality multi-format (including audio, video and social/digital) content and collateral for a variety of target audiences;
- Targeting and reaching key audiences via multi-channel efforts, including paid and digital advertising;
- Superlative storytelling, oral and written communication;
- Leveraging data analytics to strengthen outreach efforts;
- Team-oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely;
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
Additional Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in communications, journalism, economics, or related discipline.
- Experience managing communications campaigns for an environmental, energy, or economic policy non-profit.
- Familiarity with Adobe is helpful.