The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an African-led, non-profit research and policy institute established in 2010 to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in development efforts in Africa. We contribute to the realisation of the SDGs by enabling the formulation of sound development policies and programme interventions. We work to promote and entrench a culture of evidence use in development efforts in Africa.
An IT agency/firm with the experience and skillset required to develop and implement a dynamic, interactive, digital portal that caters to information and knowledge sharing needs of researchers, policy makers, media, civil society and other stakeholders working in the evidence-informed decision-making (EIDM) space.
Key roles and responsibilities
The consultant is expected to:
- Refine the concept and TORs in a co-created ideation process
- Develop the framework and test viability
- Implement the project framework and design
- Pilot test with key users and audiences
- Launch the platform
- Provide system support for at-least 3 months
- Train system and content managers, provide training manual
Experience and skills
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in IT with the requisite certifications for all members of the team
- At least three years’ experience delivering on similar IT projects
- Adequate manpower to deliver on the project on time. Roles critical to the project include but not limited to project manager, system analyst, graphics,
- The team should be self-driven with excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills