Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security.
Third Way is seeking a candidate who can develop and oversee the execution of federal policy and advocacy strategies across a range of solutions that are vital to address climate change, ensure American competitiveness, and provide well-paying jobs to American workers.
As the Deputy Director, a typical day might include:
- Setting policy and advocacy strategy, with the policy staff and Director for Policy, to meet the Climate & Energy Program’s impact goals on clean energy innovation, carbon management, and industrial decarbonization issues.
- Overseeing in-depth research and quantitative analysis by your direct reports to help make the case for our policy agenda.
- Editing high-impact reports, memos, and other products that persuasively advance our policy goals and illuminate the climate, economic competitiveness, and political benefits of these actions.
- Spearheading communication with and outreach to the Hill and relevant federal agencies to advocate for policy ideas that would advance Third Way’s climate and energy goals.
- Acting as Third Way’s liaison to leaders in the climate and clean energy communities, industry, and academics, to promote Third Way’s clean energy policy priorities.
- In coordination with the Climate Program Communications team, speaking in the press and at public events to disseminate Third Way’s work and perspective.
- Managing the work of Third Way senior policy advisors, policy advisors, consultants, and coalitions.
- Overseeing the fulfillment of all relevant grant obligations, including reporting requirements.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have a minimum of five years of experience in clean energy policy or a relevant field have managed high-performing staff who meet ambitious project, campaign, or programmatic goals want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission.
- Take pride in and ownership of in your work are curious and eager for professional development think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion to opportunity, freedom, and security want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Deputy Director.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded. Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.