Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security.
As the Deputy Director of Development, a typical day might include…
- Setting and overseeing the execution of the development strategy for the Climate & Energy Program to maintain and grow our individual donors and foundation fundraising, working with the Senior Vice President for Climate, Third Way’s development, and the Climate policy and Communications teams;
- Identifying and building relationships with new donor prospects; Cultivating and stewarding relationships with individual and philanthropic donors to the Climate & Energy Program, in conjunction with the Development Advisor and Senior Vice President for Climate;
- Acting as Third Way’s liaison to leaders in climate and clean energy philanthropy; Analyzing trends in individual and institutional climate philanthropy and identifying opportunities for Third Way’s Climate & Energy Program to position itself as a thought leader in this space;
- In coordination with the Climate Program Communications team, overseeing the development and implementation of donor-specific communications, products, and events;
- Overseeing the Development Advisor who manages institutional philanthropic giving and grant accounts manager’s fulfillment of all relevant grants.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Are passionate about addressing climate change and Third Way’s approach
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission
- Practice extreme attention-to-detail
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Take pride in and ownership of your work
- Are curious and eager for professional development
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Deputy Director of Development.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded. Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance.
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.