Third Way is a national think tank that was founded back in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom, and security.
We are proud of the organization that we have built and continue to seek out talent who contribute to our ambitious mission. We are deeply committed to promoting a culture of results and respect where every employee has opportunities to contribute, develop, and grow professionally.
Third Way is looking for a highly organized and collaborative individual with a passion for climate and clean energy issues, fundraising, and telling the story of how our work is impacting national policy and the debate on clean energy and climate change. This position is responsible for tracking and managing grants, drafting written materials for proposals and reports, fundraising-related programming logistics, donor maintenance and research.
Key roles and responsibilities
As the Development Advisor, a typical day might include:
- Working with the Senior Vice President for Climate and Energy to develop and execute a communications strategy to keep individual donors and foundation program officers well-informed of our work, including drafting written communications, infographics, and videos;
- Tracking, in close collaboration with the Climate & Energy policy team, climate program activities assigned to specific grants;
- Managing grant reporting deadlines, in coordination with the Grants Accountant and Climate Program colleagues, to assemble and deliver materials for foundation reports;
- Researching new donor prospects and briefing relevant team members before meetings and calls;
- Drafting grant proposal or report language, with the support of relevant Climate Program staff;
- Monitoring and reporting on trends in climate philanthropy to inform the Climate Program fundraising strategy; and
- Helping to plan and execute fundraising events.
Experience and skills
This might be the job for you if you:
- Have 2-3 years of relevant writing and policy research experience;
- Are passionate about addressing climate change and Third Way’s approach to it;
- Want to contribute towards Third Way’s mission;
- Practice extreme attention-to-detail;
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally;
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Take pride in and ownership of your work;
- Are curious and eager for professional development;
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly; and
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s newest Development Advisor.