The Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP) is a Southern-led global organization dedicated to supporting development in the global south. We do this by providing high-quality, locally-generated evidence that informs better decisions in policy and practice.
To develop and operationalize a strategic approach to help promote PEP research, events and network activities through a range of digital platforms.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Developing and advising the creation of quality and compelling digital contents for the PEP website and social media channels, while exploring a range of multimedia assets, to engage (existing and new) target audiences and raise the external profile of the organization.
- Developing and implementing an effective social media and email marketing strategy – in view of growing readership/followers – and manage the organisation’s social media accounts (including moderating discussions and comments).
- Creating and implementing engaging digital campaigns for key PEP outputs, and regularly analyse and report on communications performance (on social media and website analytics and strategy objectives).
- Exploring and implementing digital tools, platforms and approaches to both consolidate and expand the “PEP online community” – incl. PEP researchers/alumni, core partners and subscribed members, as well as key policy audiences.
- Providing ad-hoc advisory and digital support to PEP partners and researchers as required.
Experience and skills
The candidate must possess excellent digital and communication skills, along with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines. Consideration will be given to those candidates who show a variety of expertise in digital tools, virtual platforms and social media campaigns, and are ready to take on an exciting challenge in boosting the international visibility of the organisation.
In particular, the candidate should have experience in several or all of the following:
- Managing and creating content for social media platforms;
- Developing and producing a range of multimedia content (from videos to infographics and animations);
- Designing and facilitating virtual meetings (from webinar to virtual learning management experience);
- Establishing and maintaining online communities;
- Measuring and reporting the performance of digital content, events or social media campaigns using analytics tools.
The candidate should also have an excellent understanding of the newest trends or changes in social networking sites, as well as a creative flair and experience in communicating complex issues though simple and attractive contents.
Experience working with (or for an audience of) international development partners is also highly desirable.
Other useful information
To apply, must submit a resume and a letter describing (briefly) the candidate’s:
- Previous relevant experience and results in developing and/or managing an organisation’s digital and social media strategy.
- Interpretation of the ToRs and expected deliverables.
- Understanding of PEP’s online presence and needs – including a few proposed changes you would make to PEP social media presence and digital strategy
Neither document shall exceed 2 pages.
Remuneration: One month trial period (20 working days) @ USD150/day, followed (if successful) by initial five month contract @ USD4,000/month.