Are you an experienced Digital Communications Officer looking for your next challenge? Are you interested in working for a growing and multi-cultural organisation? Do you know how to convey complex research and exciting new policy ideas through a range of hard-hitting and inspiring communications online?
We’re looking for a Digital Communications Officer to help us promote and optimise Southern Voice’s research, events and network activities through a range of digital platforms.
The Digital Communications Officer will be planning and managing day-to-day content production for the Southern Voice website and social media channels, liaising closely with the Head of Communications and SV network members. The candidate should have an excellent understanding of the newest trends or changes in social networking sites, constantly looking at new ways to reach existing and new audiences.
- Social Media: Devise and implement the organization’s social media strategy.
- Manage all institutional social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Advise colleagues and network members on how to build their brand on social media to promote SV’s visibility objectives.
- Email Marketing: Develop and grow the mailing list and newsletter readership.
- Create and implement engaging digital campaigns for key SV outputs, which include new reports, articles, podcasts and videos.
- Regularly analyse and report on SV communications performance on social media and website analytics.
- Moderate social media channel discussions and comments.
- Propose new content; liaise with SV network members for content promotion and distribution.
- Research images for publications and posts.
- BA in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Have at least 3 years of digital communications experience working for a nonprofit, media outlet, marketing or ad agency, preferably in an international development context.
- Possess excellent skills in: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Content Management Systems. Basic design and HTML skills strongly preferred.
- Familiar with email marketing platforms and wordpress.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong experience managing and creating content for social media platforms; measuring and reporting the performance of digital content using analytics tools.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of international relief and development or related fields; prior experience working at an international organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity for effective teamwork and leadership abilities.
- Excellent problem solver, eager to share out-of-the-box ideas.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Fast, flexible thinker who is able to shift gears on short notice, without losing attention to detail.
- Strong communications and inter-cultural skills.
- Positive, self-motivated, and mature presence in the workplace.
- Must be comfortable working with remote colleagues over the phone, Slack, email, and teleconference.
Perfect command of spoken and written English is essential.
French and/or Spanish would be an additional asset.
This is a remote working position with an initial contract for six months .
To apply, please submit your resume (no longer than two pages) and a one-page cover letter about why you’re right for this job. The cover letter must be tailored to Southern Voice, showing a clear understanding of our online presence. It must also include a paragraph detailing the changes you would make to Southern Voice’s social media presence and strategy during your first 30 days on the job. You may include up to two short writing samples in your application.
Please send everything in one pdf file to [email protected] with the subject line: Digital Communications Officer.
Diversity is important to us in everything we do. We encourage applicants of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, and ethnicities.