The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices across the country—seeks an energetic digital media specialist to optimize work products and amplify experts and scholarship supporting free market-oriented and limited, effective government across digital media products and channels. If you are the right fit, you will report to the senior manager of Digital Media. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity you need.
Your typical day at R Street may include finishing a stand-alone project like a microsite or podcast, coding or designing products and efficiencies on our primary platform (rstreet.org) and helping our experts and scholars reach key audiences through pipelines like e-mail, Google Ads and more. This role will support all of R Street as part of the communications team with room to develop expertise to support specific issue areas.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage digital media projects from beginning to end, including inception and delivery.
- Contribute to design and creation of assets such as infographics, microsites, and more in sync with R Street’s policy and editorial priorities.
- Help oversee the website, automation, managing and uploading of content including policy papers, earned media, testimony, events and more.
- Manage and oversee R Street’s email distribution lists and audiences.
- Edit interviews, events and news clips.
- Help the communications team learn new skills and tools as useful for key projects.
Experience and skills
- At least three years of experience in digital media.
- Proficiency with any of the following is necessary: Adobe Creative Suite, Google Ads, Python or WordPress.
- Proficiency desired (but not necessary): Zapier, IFTTT, Trello (or other efficiency apps), video and audio editing.
- Excellent time management and project management skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Problem-solving attitude and desire to take initiative.
- Driven to communicate policy issues clearly and frequently to a variety of audiences.
- Passion for free markets, public policy and brand-focused design.
- Desire to research and learn new tools and skills.
Other useful information
R Street offers a flexible working arrangement. Candidates may work either remotely from their home or from our D.C. offices. Currently, our D.C. offices are closed and we are working remotely.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide the following benefits and perks:
Unlimited paid time off policy, including all federal holidays, the day after Thanksgiving and two weeks holiday closure in December;
Alternating Fridays off;
A health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families);
Dental and vision insurance;
401(k) contributions with up to a 4 percent match;
HSA employer contribution match;
Quarterly wellness reimbursement;
Mobile equipment reimbursement;
Monthly mobile plan reimbursement;
Annual educational and professional development reimbursement; and
An option between a child care assistance, pet care assistance or student loan repayment assistance reimbursement
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity, relationship structure or anything else that’s illegal, immoral or nonsensical to use as a basis for hiring.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. We will contact qualified individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. Due to COVID-19, we will hold interviews virtually, via Zoom, until our D.C. office reopens.
To apply, you must upload a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Please include examples or links to a portfolio of work in a Microsoft Word or PDF document. Please select 3 from the following list for your examples, or provide others that you think would be relevant to the position as described:
Work with Python or other coding languages.
Any automations you have created with Zaiper, IFTTT or other programs.
Examples of work completed in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Photoshop.
Examples of web-focused design (landing pages, project pages, etc.)
Google Ads or other online ads you have created.
Example of data visualization.