Cardus is a non-partisan think tank dedicated to clarifying and strengthening, through research and dialogue, the ways in which society’s institutions can work together for the common good.
We’re seeking someone to provide executive assistance to our Vice President of Operations. Working one-on-one and reporting directly to the VPO, the Executive and Operations Assistant will assist the VPO in leading the people, processes, and places of Cardus, by maximizing his time and complementing his skill set.
Key roles and responsibilities
Executive Support (50%)
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VPO: managing an active calendar of appointments and time-blocking, including preparing reminders, agendas, briefings, and follow-ups as required; collaborating on a high volume of email; composing and preparing correspondence including confidential correspondence; and creating daily and weekly briefings.
- Track, organize, and assist in prioritizing the VPO’s tasks using tools including but not limited to Outlook Calendar, Asana, and Salesforce.
- Maintain “hopper” lists of tasks, ideas, and priorities for the VPO, complementing his creativity, diligence, and head space.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters quickly and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- You will often work with deadline pressures.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the VPO, with internal and external contacts. Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach.
Operations Assistance (50%)
- Produce internal operations team newsletter early Monday mornings, focused on deadlines and requirements.
- Clerk weekly huddles for the operations team and other internal colleagues.
- Proactively monitor workflow on operations projects, refining templatized approaches and encouraging collaboration on Asana.
- Help make sure “trains keep moving”, creatively problem-solving along the way.
- Aid cross-divisional coordination, especially by way of clerking executive team agendas, minutes, and follow-ups.
- Choose the right internal communication platforms for the moment, whether email, Asana, or face-to-face. Complete administrative tasks (eg file backups, filing contracts) for projects, using Asana infrastructure.
- Maintain updated resources for staff, including a master calendar of all Cardus initiatives.
- Manage special projects from time to time.
Experience and skills
- Superlative organizational skills, with the ability to monitor and track goals, details, data, and activities.
- Extremely proficient with digital tools, including Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Asana and Salesforce proficiency would be significant assets.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, and manage time and multiple tasks.
- Communicate effectively: able to speak, listen, and write in clear, concise terms.
- Resourceful, taking pride in solving problems.
- A posture both gentle and assertive.
- Heart of a servant, putting others’ interests first.
- Trustworthy and discrete.
- Ethical and honest.
- Foster teamwork to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Relationship builder – especially with staff and stakeholders.
Apply by 26 August.