Southern Voice is a network of 51 think tanks across Africa, Asia and Latin America. It contributes to the global dialogue on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Its ultimate aim is to address the existing ‘knowledge asymmetry’ and ‘participation deficit’ in the dialogue on development. It does this by producing, promoting, and disseminating evidence-based policy analysis by researchers from Global South countries.
We are looking for qualified and motivated editors to edit programme-related documents for readability and consistency in order to clearly communicate our messages.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Suggest substantial changes in terms of style and sentence structure where necessary – to make it more accessible to our target audience.
- Ensure that all content is free of spelling mistakes, professionally and logically presented, and free of inconsistencies and redundant content.
- Guide the drafts through copy-editing processes and track responses to queries; edit and review the final copy of the document.
Experience and skills
- Native English speaker with strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills and proven working experience.
- Proven familiarity with international development terminology. A background in social sciences, economics, and political sciences is a plus.