IEEFA, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, examines issues related to energy markets, trends, and policies. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our website: www.ieefa.org. IEEFA’s work is widely cited across the mainstream press and in trade publications.
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking a well-organized, excellent writer to be our Grants Writer/Coordinator based in our Lakewood, OH office or working remotely within Greater Cleveland. We are a rapidly-growing nonprofit looking for a grants proposal professional who will be responsible for preparing and coordinating the production of written materials for foundation grant proposals and reporting. The Grants Writer/Coordinator will create and manage the systems to track all the elements of the grants life-cycle effectively and efficiently.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Grants Writer/Coordinator will collaborate with colleagues across the organization, including with the Executive Director, to ensure that IEEFA maintains a high standard of writing, professionalism and timeliness in preparation of grant-related materials. IEEFA is almost entirely foundation-funded, with a current budget of $9.2 million, which is likely to grow in coming years. Our support comes from over 30 foundations supporting our work around the world. The Grants Writer/Coordinator must share a commitment to IEEFA’s mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Develops and writes grant proposals and grant reports that include detailed narratives, financial reports as well as visual data in charts and tables.
- Develops and manages schedules for grant proposals and reports and ensures that deadlines are met.
- Creates and manages systems to track grant deliverables against organizational activities.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices for program evaluation.
- Gathers and synthesizes information on IEEFA’s programmatic work.
- Maintains grant reporting database; reviews and tracks grant submissions and additional documentation.
- Communicates with program staff regularly to understand organizational mission and impact.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and skills
- A minimum of four years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of requirements, practices, and procedures for soliciting, writing, receiving, reviewing, and processing proposals, and administering grants and agreements.
- Fluency in addressing criteria for measuring the impact of grant-funded work.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills including the ability to present statistics and data in meaningful ways, such as charts and tables, to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with project management.
- High degree of proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Proficiency collecting, organizing and analyzing meaningful program data and evaluation metrics.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a rapidly growing remote organization.
- Commitment to IEEFA’s mission.
- Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work experience or formal training in program evaluation and assessment.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Familiarity with energy finance issues or related subject matter.
- Experience with Salesforce and secure file sharing platforms, i.e. Box, Google Drive, OneDrive.
Other useful information
Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation leave (20 days per year), sick and safe leave (10 days per year), 12 paid holidays per year, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan after 6 months employment, Employee Assistance Program(EAP).