Nesta is an innovation foundation. For us, innovation means turning bold ideas into reality and changing lives for the better. We use our expertise, skills and funding in areas where there are big challenges facing society. Nesta is based in the UK and supported by a financial endowment. We work with partners around the globe to bring bold ideas to life to change the world for good.
Are you a dynamic, creative and inspiring individual who thrives in hands-on roles? Do you have a proven track record as an interaction/service designer or systems thinker with strong experience in creating highly effective learning experiences?
Key roles and responsibilities
You will take the lead on shaping our overall learning strategy and ensuring our learning design is of the highest quality and impact. This will include providing practice leadership on Learning Design and working together with our Learning Experience Designers and other colleagues to create and deliver inspiring and effective learning experiences that enable genuine learning and skills development in innovation practice.
You will focus on both the big picture and fine detail, collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts and commissioning external providers where needed. You will work with Nesta’s Learning Experience Designers to build a repository of learning experiences and programmes that equip learners with the knowledge, skills, confidence and support networks to strengthen their innovation capacity. This will include:
- Delivering expert training sessions, workshops and mentoring to internal and external audiences
- Providing learning design and delivery support to Nesta projects
- Identifying learning needs to develop profiles of learners to get a sense of their expertise levels, learning preferences, aspirations and motivations
- Defining learning objectives and outcomes that help teams to achieve their goals and solve challenges
- Exploring and identifying leverage mechanisms that help develop and deliver learning at scale and speed
- Setting up instruments for evaluation, monitoring for quality control and impact assessment
Experience and skills
You will have a strong education background and possess a successful track record of designing and delivering learning or capacity building programmes for professionals, plus direct practical knowledge of, and experience in, using innovation practices across different sector contexts, especially in public and social innovation contexts.