IPPR has one of the highest news and media profiles of all thinktanks, with its policy experts appearing regularly on national and international media.
IPPR is looking for an exceptional individual to fill the post of head of news. This is an exciting and challenging role based within IPPR’s communications team. The jobholder would be responsible for:
- Raising IPPR’s media profile and generating excellent coverage and maximum impact for its work.
- Working closely with directors and take the lead in developing appropriate and innovative media strategies, building and developing IPPR’s media contacts and networks, managing day-to-day media liaison, and monitoring and reporting on IPPR’s media coverage, in order to maximise opportunities for impact.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Significant experience working at a senior level in a busy press or communications role.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing innovative media strategies which create maximum impact.
- An excellent understanding of the political climate with the ability to work across a broad range of policy areas, excellent written and verbal communications skills, a collaborative approach to working, and
- A strong network of contacts, particularly among lobby/political journalists.
Salary: £47,027–£55,326 per annum plus benefits
Conditions: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours), based in London