ICE is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
The Insights Manager will manage, develop and disseminate high quality insight into emergent issues facing the infrastructure sector with a particular emphasis on key thematic areas of decarbonisation and climate resilience, as well as productivity, data & digital and the key sectors of water, transport and clean energy.
They will also be responsible for managing and developing high level civil engineering expert contacts and a specialist network of freelance production for the successful delivery of the knowledge insights programme.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage process of securing contribution of world class engineering experts in engineering insight activity
- Project manage a number of complex insight projects from project initiation, providing timely issue resolution, expert knowledge and key decisions at each stage of the project
- Managing, commissioning, producing, editing and proof-reading technically-accurate, engaging insight in multiple formats including printed media and digitally-delivered content and events
- Commissioning high quality infographics/diagrams and other visual content that supports and embellishes Engineering Insight output
- Manage network of high-quality supplier and freelance networks with particular regard to written, graphic and multimedia content as part of the insight offering
- Manage production of launch of insight activity in coherent formats that engage Members, Council Members and other key stakeholders across a variety of digital platforms with a particular focus on managing engagement with the Head of Governance
- Act as a brand ambassador for ICE Knowledge by being able to demonstrate a keen understanding and interest in civil engineering
- Build relations with experts and senior industry stakeholders to inform new insight projects, identifying emerging trends that should be the focus of new research or studies
- Managing and facilitating special project group meetings
- Conduct regular analysis of competitors to help identify product gaps and enhancements
- Managing budgets allocated to each project to ensure projects are delivered within parameters
Experience and skills
Our ideal candidate will have a clear interest in and understanding of specialist technical or emerging engineering issues, particularly related to sustainability. They will also be able to research major thematic topics, identifying sources of expert insight. The ideal candidate will need to possess excellent communication and writing skills to develop content in a structured and accurate way within a variety of formats. They will also have the proven ability to manage and develop a diverse networks of contacts. Other expertise we are looking for:
- Experience of project management both traditional and agile
- Event brief production writing and editing skills
- Proven people management skills
- Ability to capture process improvements and lessons learned for use by the wider organisation and future projects
- Experience in high quality content creation for a specialist audience
- Some experience of budget and cost reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This role requires the successful candidate to have knowledge and experience of working in or alongside the engineering, construction or infrastructure fields in relation to sustainability. An understanding of carbon emissions reduction targets and ways in which they could be achieved, including some understanding of how other organisations and/or sectors are addressing the issue would be beneficial.
Other useful information
Interviews dates will be the mornings of 28th and 29th July 2021
Final stage interview will be w/c 9th August 2021
To apply for this role please submit CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Screen reader support enabled.