foraus – Swiss Forum on Foreign Policy generates independent, high quality recommendations for Swiss foreign policy decision makers and the public, thereby bridging the gap between academia and politics. Its non-partisan approach aims to promote an open dialogue and informed decision-making on all aspects of Swiss foreign policy. foraus is a grassroots organization. Its success as a think tank is based on foraus members’ voluntary commitment. With a vision to strengthen the role of transnational civil society in global politics, foraus supports the establishment of think tanks adopting the foraus model in other countries, and thus the creation of an international network of open think tanks – «foraus global». To date, the network consists of think tanks in Switzerland, Germany, France, the UK and Austria. Further think tanks are in the making in Belgium, Ireland, the USA, Eastern European and other countries. With the support of the Larix foundation, foraus is providing a range of knowledge products, digital tools and processes to speed up the growth and consolidation of the network.
As an intern of foraus global you will support our mission to create an international network of open think tanks together with the Digital Innovation Manager of foraus, the foraus global strategic team and representatives of member think tanks in different countries.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Creation of videos and other knowledge products on different aspects of running think tanks.
- Supporting the introduction of digital tools (e.g. websites, contact management and crowdsourcing software) for the network.
- Coordinating joint projects between the different member think tanks.
- General support of the foraus global team and the foraus office, including writing articles for the foreign policy digest «espresso diplomatique» and administrative tasks.
- New roles and responsibilities may be added throughout your internship.
Experience and skills
You fit well into the foraus family if you are a self-reliant team player with an interest in foreign policy, driven to bring innovative concepts to life. Language requirements are fluency in English and a good working knowledge of French and German. Tech affinity and/or visual communication skills would be important assets.
Other useful information
80 % part-time, 6 months from October/November