The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, nonpartisan research organization in Washington, DC, seeks a part-time paid intern for populating a database of experts in topics on which CGD works, in order to expand the array of expert voices from which our events and research products draw.
The Center for Global Development is engaged in programs of research and policy innovation on a wide array of topics, including health, education, migration, technology, development finance, and international aid policy. This work should help to provide a platform for a wider array of voices in dialogue about a wide range of international development policies.
Key roles and responsibilities
The intern would identify experts on these topics that capture a wide array of perspectives, including across gender, race, geography, and other aspects of diversity, and incorporate publicly available information about those experts into an existing database at CGD.
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Interest in the field of international development
- Digital fluency paired with communications and writing skills
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM tool
- Interest in and enthusiasm for issues related to diversity and inclusion
- Able to commit to 8 hours per week for approximately six-eight weeks
- Ability to work independently and with good humour