foraus – Swiss Forum on Foreign Policy generates high quality recommendations for Swiss foreign policy decision makers and the public through a unique grassroots think tank model. Its non-partisan approach aims to promote open dialogue and informed decision-making by bridging the gap between academia and politics. Its success as a think tank is based on the voluntary commitment of its members in a network of young researchers and foreign policy enthusiasts.
The foraus network is expanding internationally by supporting the foundation of grassroots think tanks in other countries. A crucial element in this endeavour is providing basic infrastructure (corporate identity templates, website, CRM) to these new organisations, made possible with the support of the Larix foundation. We are now looking for a skilled IT project manager to implement this project.
Key roles and responsibilities
In this role, your responsibilities will include a) managing an inclusive process to define a common corporate identity, user stories and requirements for websites in this network, b) overseeing the implementation of corporate identity and development of the websites by third parties, c) producing onboarding and best practice videos for quick adoption of the tools. Additionally, you will participate in a broader strategic process to advance the digitalisation of our grassroots think tank, including internal CRM reform and a participatory member platform.
You will work in close interaction with the directorate, the community manager and the board, as well as other stakeholders in the international network. You will be supported by an intern (80%). This position is funded for the duration of 18 months. Conditional on additional funding, the workload may be increased and/or the contract may be extended beyond the initial period.
- Experience and skills
- Experience in IT project management, ideally in the non-profit/volunteer sector
- Experience in designing and managing multi-stakeholder processes
- Understanding of Web Development & CRM, ideally some background in PHP/MySQL
- Experience with participatory platforms and crowdsourcing tools as well as an interest in foreign or domestic politics are assets
- Proficiency in English and conversational level in German or French
- Independent and proactive work style, strong interpersonal skills and a flexible mindset – We’re a small and dynamic organization and you might have to help out in other roles
- You are open for development, have a genuine interest in people, are honest, have passion for innovation, show your commitment and want to enjoy work while giving your best!
- We explicitly encourage female and minority applications