At the Bernard van Leer Foundation, we believe that giving all children a good start in life is both the right thing to do and the best way to build healthy, peaceful and creative societies.
We are an independent foundation working worldwide to inspire and inform large-scale action to improve the health and wellbeing of babies, toddlers and the people who care for them.
New role created to drive our work to increase the reach and impact of the knowledge that our partners and our team are generating and to lead on communications for the organisation as a whole.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Lead the development of our strategy to increase the reach and use of the great ideas that our partners and team are coming up with, in close collaboration with our management team and others
- Design and execute communications and knowledge uptake strategies for specific knowledge resources and lead on selected strategic communications partnerships
- Advise on communications, advocacy, positioning and thought leadership across the organisation
- Manage corporate communications
Experience and skills
Ideally, we’re looking for the following:
- Relevant work experience in public affairs, politics, journalism, knowledge uptake, communications, advocacy, campaigns or related. Politically savvy.
- Ability to understand, interpret and present complex and sensitive information from a variety of sources
- Deep appetite for spreading ideas and serving audiences
- Experience managing projects, staff members and consultants
- Experience across a range of geographic contexts, ideally including low- or middle- income countries
- Knowledge of or interest in one or more of our target sectors and issues, such as the early years, public health, or urban policy, planning and design
- Excellent written English, with particular emphasis on writing for busy professional audiences
- Proficiency with other languages used in our work also welcome (Dutch, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, French)
Other useful information
Please complete your application online through Applied, an online recruitment platform whose mission is to help organisations hire the best person for the job regardless of their background.
You will be asked to submit 250-word answers to a small number of questions related to this role, along with an up-to-date CV.
We will review the answers blind, without seeing your name or CV, and based on this, make a shortlist for first interview.