The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices across the country—seeks a collaborative and adaptable Manager of Strategy to support the development and delivery of key strategic capabilities across the organization. If you want to contribute to the success of an upbeat (and quirky) organization that believes in developing real solutions to complex problems, this might be the right role for you!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to use a variety of skills including project management, data collection and analysis, consultation and consensus-building, and strategic planning. You will support our ongoing strategic activities and lead specific initiatives to improve the way R Street works. This is a highly collaborative role that will work with our policy, shared services and operations teams. Your work will also support the Executive Team to make excellent decisions as they lead R Street to preeminence and the achievement of our vision.
Key roles and responsibilities
Managed and supported by the Director of Strategy, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with directors to develop measurements and tools to monitor the effectiveness of their teams and use this information to make strategic decisions to enhance their work.}
- Supporting the development of measures of R Street’s public policy influence, and the tools and processes needed to capture, analyze and learn from the data that informs these.
- Developing, delivering and maintaining specific processes that improve cross-functional collaboration.
- Project managing the development, implementation and handover of strategic initiatives.
- Supporting the Strategy Team to be a trusted partner in positioning R Street for success.
Experience and skills
- No particular educational background is required: proven track record to achieve results is far more meaningful than credentials.
- Strategically minded, and able to identify opportunities to further our mission.
- Understands the value of diverse perspectives and creates opportunities for key collaborators to inform and shape new ways of working.
- Clear and effective communicator that can build consensus and resolve misalignments when partnering with others of shared objectives.
- Ability to develop and implement, monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems, and/or other forms of data gathering and analysis.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the implementation of specific projects across multiple teams.
- Self-aware, and able to build and model openness and trust with colleagues.
- A sense of humour and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization!