Al Sharq Strategic Research is a think tank that looks to undertake impartial, rigorous research to promote the ideals of democratic participation, an informed citizenry, multi-stakeholder dialogue and social justice.
Al Sharq Strategic Research shares the mission of its umbrella organization, Al Sharq Forum, which aims to consolidate the values of pluralism and justice while developing long-term strategies and programs that contribute to the political development, economic prosperity, and social cohesion for the people of the Al Sharq region and the world.
Al Sharq Strategic Research is accepting applications for associate (non-resident) fellow positions from scholars who are expert on one of the following research themes: (1) Libya, (2) the Eastern Mediterranean and (3) Yemen. The associate fellows are expected to contribute to the knowledge production through their publications or involvement in policy dialogues and to take part in developing our research community.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Develop research objectives, projects and proposals in collaboration with colleagues with the approval of the head of the research programme.
- Conduct individual or collaborative research projects and contributes regularly to Al Sharq Strategic Research publications around the relevant topic.
- Review various publication drafts.
- Assist in planning, organization, and execution of Al Sharq Strategic Research events.
- Represent Al Sharq Strategic Research in media, conferences and meetings.
- Support members of the team with research and minor administrative tasks as needed.
Experience and skills
- Having a master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline (political science, international relations, Middle Eastern politics, etc.) with a considerable experience of publications in this field.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written) is required. In addition, the knowledge of one of the regional languages (Arabic, Turkish, Persian, and Kurdish) will be a highly regarded asset.
- The priority will be given to the researchers residing in the MENA region.
- Commitment to Al Sharq Forum values and principles.