Common Vision is a think tank working to change the narrative around our shared future. Our mission is to champion public dialogue around social and political issues, and revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and build understanding.
Common Vision launched in 2014, and has succeeded in building a strong reputation and practical track record in the last five years. We now are prioritising ambitious plans to diversify our projects and activities, expand our staff team and improve our governance processes.
The Operations and Events manager will oversee the development of our internal operations and co-ordinate the delivery of a wide range of events.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Executing event management and delivery on a range of different topics
- Overseeing project management processes, including budgets and resourcing
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with partners, funders and wider stakeholders including professionals, campaigners, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
- Overseeing communications and business development processes, updating contact databases and relevant software
- Implementing new operational systems, controls or reporting procedures if required
- Light touch office management and IT responsibilities
- Financial planning and budget responsibilities, in line with the organisation’s financial and delivery objectives
Experience and skills
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in an operations, events management or business development role
- A track record of effective project management
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable administrative and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail
Other useful information
We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.