Common Vision is a think tank working to change the narrative around our shared future. Our mission is to champion public dialogue around social and political issues, and revitalise public diplomacy through encouraging established and new leaders to exchange perspectives and work towards shared goals.
Common Vision launched in 2014, and has succeeded in building a strong reputation and practical track record in the last four years. We now are prioritising ambitious plans to diversify our projects and activities, expand our staff team and improve our governance processes. This role will make a vital contribution to our small staff team.
The operations and finance manager will implement and lead Common Vision’s internal processes, financial management and operational development.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Overseeing internal operations relating to organisational development, project management and financial planning
- Processing day-to-day financial transactions, payables and receivables
- Bookkeeping and maintaining financial records using accounting software
- Monitoring cashflow and ensuring expenditure is within budget
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and other management accounts
- Overseeing project management processes, including budgets and resourcing
- Implementing new operational systems, controls or reporting procedures if required
- Helping to shape the organisation’s financial and delivery objectives, and identify areas for cost savings
- Overseeing communications and business development processes, updating contact databases and
- Light touch office management and IT responsibilities
Experience and skills
- Relevant work experience in an operations, finance or business development role
- A track record of undertaking management accounting processes including budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of Quickbooks or other online accounting software
- Strong analytical skills
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail