OTT is a global consultancy and platform for change. It is made up of two parts- OTT Consulting and On Think Tanks – collectively known as OTT.
We support and strengthen the work of think tanks and other research organisations, foundations, governments and NGOs.
Through OTT Consulting our work focuses on developing tailored solutions to specific challenges. Through services spanning research, learning facilitation, strategy and evaluation, we partner with organisations to drive evidence-informed change.
Through On Think Tanks, we build and nurture a global community of people working in and funding think tanks. From coordinating events to championing big ideas and new possibilities, we create the space to learn, imagine, connect and take action.
Our consultancy and community work has public good at its heart. We are committed to gathering new knowledge and making it available to everyone. We continuously seek to drive the sector forward.
OTT is a fully remote organisation. Our staff, associates, consultants and partners come from different cultural and disciplinary backgrounds and are based all around the world.
We’re looking for a programme and project manager to support a wide range of consulting projects. Working closely with project leads, this role will be responsible for budget development and monitoring, contracting and reporting, and providing general administrative and logistical support.
The programme and project manager will also support OTT’s organisational administration and management, such as managing internal information flows, supporting the development of the organisational budget, and liaising with funders and clients.
Key roles and responsibilities
Budgets, contracts and reporting:
- Lead on project budget development, monitoring and reporting.
- Set up and administer project contracts with clients and subcontracts with consultants.
- Help track project implementation timelines, deliverables, invoicing schedules etc.
- Support project leads with reporting requirements.
Information management and logistical support:
- Set up and manage Dropbox folders for project financial and contractual documents.
- Set up and manage Dropbox/Google Drive folder for project documents.
- Set up and manage the project Slack channel.
- Support on any event logistics, including travel, accommodation and expenses.
- Update and manage the OTT consultants and associates database, and funders database.
- Support project leads in preparing bids and proposals (e.g., gathering and formatting consultant CVs and supporting documents).
- Maintain an up-to-date capability statement in preparation for future bids.
- Update and manage the OTT project and proposals tracker.
- Monitor funder websites and newsletters for possible future bids.
Organisational budgets and finance tools:
- Support development of the OTT organisational budget (working with the OTT Head of Finance and Planning).
- Update and manage staff project days and cash flow tracker.
- Deliver quarterly project progress/completion reports and performance management reports.
Experience and skills
- Strong experience in monitoring projects and budgets.
- Experience with research and evaluation projects would be highly desirable.
- Experience working with EU and/or USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work to own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, including good written and spoken English.
- Ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment and to work to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of a language other than English is desirable.
- Advanced IT/computer skills – in particular, excellent command of Excel.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- High level of numeracy.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
Conditions of employment
Long term consultancy contract estimated at 220 days per year.
Remote working – you will be expected to work from home or in your own workspace.
OTT will provide any necessary software and online services as well as reimburse you for costs related to printing, posting and others as necessary and agreed. You will need to provide your own computer.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The closing deadline for applications is 15 May 2022.
OTT is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and do not allow discrimination on grounds of race, gender, religion or age. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.