The Public Affairs Centre is developing a basic road map for setting up an International Migration Centre for Karnataka to the Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Department (Government of Karnataka). This project will help the Government implement and set up the International Migration Centre.
The Overseas Consultant will facilitate all activities to ensure that the objectives of the project are met and also liaise with stakeholders.
Key roles and responsibilities
1. Facilitate overseas migration of skilled & certified workers from Karnataka through ethical recruitment to the Middle East, USA & Europe, Asia & Australia regions
2. Network with Foreign Employers (FEs), bring demand in terms of overseas employment opportunities, coordinate & facilitate recruitment on behalf of the Government-run Recruitment Agency (RA), the Karnataka Vocational Training & Skill Development Corporation (KVTSDC) Ltd
3. Liaison with industry bodies, training partners, skill accreditation centres, both within India and abroad on mutual recognition of qualifications
4. Liaison with Indian Embassies/ Consulates overseas & the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
5. Identify sectors that require employment of skilled labour and skills sets expected from the migrants
6. Facilitate periodic visits by Officials to meet the prospective Foreign Employers (FEs) and other stakeholders in the recruitment
7. Provide assistance in assessing labour market demands/skill gaps in select countries
8. Provide assistance for organising various Roundtables and Conferences which PAC proposes to conduct
9. Guide and provide support to the KVTSDC on all matters pertaining to recruitment of manpower for overseas employment
10. Any other work assigned by the Programme Manager, IMCK and GM, RA-K, KVTSD
Experience and skills
- Bachelor degree in any subject from a recognised university, candidates with Master’s Degree shall be preferred
- 10 plus years’ experience in overseas recruitment business, especially in the recruitment of Indian manpower for overseas employment
- Familiarity of working with both Government and Private Recruitment Agencies in India registered with the Protector General of Emigrants (PGE), Government of India
- Previous experience of working with either Government of India or any State Government agencies on matters pertaining to overseas Indian workers, including recruitment, skilling, welfare, and protection
- Knowledge of eMigrate portal is mandatory.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their updated CV, a cover letter, scanned copy of valid Indian Passport (first and last pages) along with Aadhaar card scanned copy by email to [email protected]