Founded in 2006, ITIF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute—a think tank. Its mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress.
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), the world’s top ranked science and technology policy think tank, is seeking a policy analyst to manage its AR/VR research workstream. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in emerging technologies and public policy, as well as exceptional written and oral communication skills. Individuals with a strong interest in immersive technologies and related policy issues including privacy and data stewardship, safety and security, and public sector innovation, as well as how AR/VR and related technologies can impact equity and economic opportunity, are strongly encouraged to apply. This position will report to the vice president of ITIF.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Write research reports, op-eds, and regulatory filings and formulate positions on emerging policy issues.
- Organize public events, submit proposals for external conferences, and represent ITIF in public and private events, roundtables, and working groups.
- Attend and summarize relevant hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
- Support strategic planning for the ongoing development of the AR/VR research project, including identifying research priorities, key stakeholders, and potential partners.
Experience and skills
- Graduate degree (or equivalent experience) in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy; experience with or knowledge of immersive technologies or related policy issues preferred.
- Experience with project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Other useful information
To apply for this position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max). Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered;
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to tech policy (2-3 pages max).
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.