Africa Economy and Security Council (AESC) is an independent think tank based in Brussels that aims to be a space of exchange of ideas between the countries of Europe, Asia and Africa for better relations, sustainable economy and global security.
Exert on foreign policy and market analyses in order to support with economic research, trade policies and legal consultancy.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Policy analysis: Contribute to economic modelling; support economic analysis and trade policies;
- Legal consultancy: Provide legal consultancy and data processing in the context of economy and global issues;
- Research and data collection: Conduct analytical work, knowledge gathering activities and studies in the area economy and security; (including gathering primary data through fieldwork in third countries and desk research)
Experience and skills
- Working experience whiting EU institutions/interest in EU public policy and Spanish public organisations;
- 1-3 year experience with EU projects in a consultancy environment/think tank research and academy;
- Demonstrable quantitative analysis skills, enabling the candidate to perform market and cost benefit assessments;
- Strong self-motivation & flexibility required in a small & fast-growing think tank;
- Prior experience with Asian and African markets is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Master degree in economics, business management or engineering, ideally with a focus on policy investments;
- Fluent (written & spoken) English; proficiency in French is a plus; any other language is also welcome;
- Competence in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint