The Center for Strategic Development is an independent institution established by decree of the Council of Ministers. The vision of the CSD is to be Saudi Arabia’s premier economic think tank. As such, the institution is envisioned to oversee the following nine strands of work:
- Economic modeling
- Housing and maintaining the Decision Support Dashboard: converting data into useful information for decision makers and practitioners
- Policy research, analysis, design, and recommendation
- Housing and running the Knowledge Center
- Providing consulting services to Ministry of Economy and Planning, other government institutions, and external clients
- Forging partnerships with national, regional, and international policy think tanks and institutions as necessary to realize its mission
- Building and spinning off topic-specific think tanks as necessary to realize the center’s mission
- Building and housing the Behavioral Insights Unit “Nudge Unit”
- Developing and maintaining Saudi Arabia’s implementation road-map for realizing the economic growth objectives of Vision 2030
The Program Head – Government Effectiveness and Public Sector Reform, will be responsible for all the research, activities and business plan related to “Government Effectiveness and Public Sector Reform” it is a senior position that requires project management and analytical skills.
The Program Head will:
- Contribute to developing detailed business plan and defining research priorities in his assigned specialty.
- Deliver research projects related to the program in a timely manner within budget and with high quality.
- Define scope and develop / submit proposals for research studies for approval.
- Identify suitable partners from outside and within partner network.
- Conduct research in line with business plan and agreed research priorities, in collaboration with partners.
- Define scope of work for specialized firms supporting research activities and manage the day-to-day interaction with them.
- Keep up-to-date with latest knowledge within area of expertise.
- Maintain, develop and enhance research sources and databases.
- Assist Head of Research & Analysis in preparing meetings, presentations and events.
The minimum requirements for the post holder will be:
- Masters in a relevant field. PHD is a plus.
- 8+ years of professional research experience preferably in Government Effectiveness and Public Sector Reform.
- Experience in a Leadership capacity in a relevant discipline gained preferably within an academic or think tank environment.
- English required, Arabic preferred
Type of contract