R Street Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, public policy research organization. Our mission is to engage in policy research and outreach to promote free markets and limited, effective government.
R Street Institute seeks a motivated, organized project manager to help us create systems for managing our projects.
Key roles and responsibilities
Your typical day at R Street may include improving the estimation of time invested across the organization for creating a white paper, reviewing committed project deliverables on a highly restricted grant, monitoring the progress and resource allocation to date on a particular project, and mentoring and teaching your colleagues the best practices of project management.
This role will serve the entire policy team with a specific initial focus on our Criminal Justice and Civil Liberties team.
You will be juggling a lot of balls initially in order to create systems for all policy teams while simultaneously project managing the Criminal Justice team. As systems are implemented, you will increasingly spread your time across all policy teams.
This role will be what you make of it—it will provide opportunities to take on more responsibility and leadership if you have the drive, passion and skills.
Experience and skills
- Ample, demonstrated experience in managing and planning complex projects
- Effective communicator of both big picture and individual elements for a variety of internal audiences
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly and mentor and persuade colleagues towards results
- Desire to take on complex, challenging problems and stamina to see them through to resolution
- Passion for free markets and limited, effective government
- A sense of humor and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization
- Interest in our Criminal Justice program is a plus