Nesta is an innovation foundation. For us, innovation means turning bold ideas into reality and changing lives for the better. We use our expertise, skills and funding in areas where there are big challenges facing society. Nesta is based in the UK and supported by a financial endowment. We work with partners around the globe to bring bold ideas to life to change the world for good.
Based within the Research Analysis and Policy department, Innovation Mapping uses new data sources, data science and machine learning methods and ways of presenting information to inform research and innovation policy. We believe research and innovation policy can be transformed by more sophisticated mapping of innovative activity, and of the people and organisations behind it, ultimately making it smarter, more inclusive and fitter for the future. Currently we are developing new innovation indicators for the EU, mapping health innovation across the world, and measuring innovation in the News and Journalism sector.
Are you a highly organised, collaborative and influential individual with a proven track record of managing a large portfolio of multi-million pound projects with subcontracted partners and consultancy services? If so, Nesta is looking for a Programme Manager to join us and ensure the smooth running of our Innovation Mapping team and its programme of work while playing an important role in its strategic and operational processes.
Key roles and responsibilities
Within this key role, you will be expected to fulfil a broad range of programme, project, communications and team management duties, plus business development and strategy. This will involve planning and monitoring the team’s activities, ensuring all targets are met and that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard. You will also assist with managing our budget, helping to ensure that budgeting and forecasting information is provided when needed, plus:
- Liaise with, and report to, the Innovation Mapping team’s funders
- Organise and chair regular team meetings and occasional team planning days
- Oversee the daily management of EURITO, our flagship project funded by the European Commission
- Assist with the identification of new income opportunities, as well as with the drafting and preparation of project proposals
- Produce compelling and engaging content for the website
- Work with senior stakeholders to identify partnership and funding opportunities
Experience and skills
With a proven track record of project and programme management, you will be an impressive communicator, with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally. A strategic thinker with exceptional attention to detail, you will be highly organised with excellent writing and presentation skills.
Other useful information
- Full-time, two-year, fixed-term contract
- Closing date: 30 September 2019 at 8:00am.
- First interviews will be held w/c 7 October 2019.
- Second interviews will be held w/c 14 October 2019.