The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. As a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Basel Institute maintains field operations in Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America. The Basel Institute is an Associated Institute of the University of Basel. As a leading global centre of expertise on anti-corruption Collective Action, the Basel Institute supports Collective Action as a way to improve standards of governance, compliance and fair business by bringing together stakeholders from the private and public sectors, international organisations and civil society.
The Collective Action Team at the Basel Institute is looking for an enthusiastic Project Associate to support the implementation of our Collective Action projects, in particular our Collective Action mentoring programme which supports civil society organisations around the world to strengthen their private sector anti-corruption work through Collective Action. We are looking for a self-starter who works well in a team and is open to occasional travel and to the possibility of a temporary secondment to one of our field offices in Sub-Saharan Africa or Latin America, should the need arise. The position reports to the Collective Action Specialist and works in support of the Collective Action Specialist and wider team.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Develop and drive research projects.
- Draft research outputs and promotional materials, including blogs, research reports, activity reports, working papers and website content.
- Support the development of online and in-person training and teaching materials.
- Manage and promote the content on the B20 Collective Action Hub.
- Support the development and implementation of the mentoring programme.
- Support the Basel Institute’s engagement with Business 20 (B20).
Experience and skills
- University degree in law, political science or a related field
- At least 2–3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the anti-corruption or Collective Action spheres
- A track record in conducting applied and results-oriented research is highly desirable
- Excellent writing skills with the capability to produce promotional documentation as well as materials that are based on research
- Experience and interest in managing social media content
- Familiarity in engaging with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and managing partner and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent time management, organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Attention to detail and independent assurance of follow-up to assigned tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Motivation to work for an internationally operating not-for-profit organisation, including with partners in developing and transition countries
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English; proficient or good knowledge of other languages, preferably official UN languages, is an advantage
- Schengen area or UK citizenship is a requirement due to work permit restrictions