Prayatna is a non-profit organization striving to bring about a difference in the society we live in. It works in the fields of Healthcare, Education, Livelihood, Youth Management, and Disaster Management. It started in 2003 in Bihar after getting registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act (1860), and works to improve the quality of life of the people living in the rural areas.
About the Education Policy Institute of Bihar (EPIB)
We seek to assist policy makers and civil servants to take evidence-based and data-driven policy decisions and to improve governance for creating better and more equitable schools by providing research-based policy recommendations and guidance for effective implementation. Through making our insights accessible to citizens, we inform public debate to foster active citizenship led by the principles of social justice and human rights. We are committed to work with children, parents and teachers as changemakers in the reform process. Their thick narratives serve as qualitative inputs to our policy recommendations thus elevating their voices into the highest echelons of governments and administrations.
We are committed to strengthen government schools by taking a rights-based approach.
We seek a project manager for the Education Policy Institute of Bihar.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative research as well as data analysis
- Preparing reports and studies in both English and Hindi
- Providing whitepapers, policy insights, reform roadmaps and other public policy-oriented
- Engaging with government officials, bureaucrats and frontline workers
- Organizing events to disseminate findings and to engage decision makers at the highest level of government
- Building close relationships with other CSOs and research institutes in Bihar, India and
- Occasional international traveling
Experience and skills
Excellent academic credentials, post-graduate degree or above, e.g. in the social sciences, development studies, economics, public policy or related (we encourage applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds).