Founded in 2006, ITIF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute—a think tank. Its mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress. ITIF’s goal is to provide policymakers around the world with high-quality information, analysis, and actionable recommendations they can trust. To that end, ITIF adheres to a high standard of research integrity with an internal code of ethics grounded in analytical rigor, original thinking, policy pragmatism, and independence from external direction.
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), the leading think tank for science and technology policy, based in Washington, DC, is seeking a research assistant for broadband policy issues. The ideal applicant will have a demonstrated interest in broadband policy, as well as exceptional writing and copyediting abilities. Individuals with a strong interest in Internet policy debates, including net neutrality, broadband competition, infrastructure regulation, and comparison of international broadband policy regimes are especially encouraged to apply. This position will report to ITIF’s director of broadband and spectrum policy.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assist in writing and conducting research for reports, regulatory filings, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g., drafting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, checking sources, writing citations, preparing presentations, etc.).
- Attend and summarize hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
Experience and skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or equivalent experience in public policy, economics, political science, law, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience designing presentations and copyediting publications.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Other useful information
To apply for this position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max);
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to broadband policy (2-5 pages max).
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health and retirement benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.