Founded in 2006, ITIF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute—a think tank. Its mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress. ITIF’s goal is to provide policymakers around the world with high-quality information, analysis, and actionable recommendations they can trust. To that end, ITIF adheres to a high standard of research integrity with an internal code of ethics grounded in analytical rigour, original thinking, policy pragmatism, and editorial independence.
ITIF seeks a research assistant (RA) to work on a clean energy innovation policy. The successful candidate will support a team that analyzes policies with the potential to influence the national and global transition to a low-carbon energy system, including research and development funding, taxation, and regulation. The RA’s duties may include quantitative and qualitative data collection, database maintenance, tracking activities of government agencies and international organizations, and coordination of working groups. The RA will report to the director of ITIF’s Center for Clean Energy Innovation and work closely with all members of the ITIF energy team.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Provide energetic support for ITIF’s qualitative and quantitative research program on clean energy innovation policy at the federal and other (local, state, regional, global) levels.
- Build and maintain research and communications databases with speed and precision.
- Communicate research findings clearly, so that they can be integrated easily into ongoing projects and incorporated into products such as reports and presentations.
- Engage in respectful dialogue with colleagues who have diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, energy technology, or a related field.
- Experience carrying out policy research in an academic or professional setting.
- Excellent research and communication skills.
- Fluency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software programs.
- Keen interest in clean energy, innovation, and public policy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on analytical products in a fast-paced environment.