The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is looking for a Research Officer (level 2) to contribute to developing and conducting high-quality, innovative research, policy analysis and influencing in the Centre for Aid and Public Expenditure’s (CAPE) Future Development Agencies team.
The role will contribute to this strategic focus area by facilitating, informing and supporting debate and policy action by development agencies – both old and new – to ensure they respond to the changing global development agenda and are relevant and effective. The work will include providing advice directly to agencies as they are established or attempt to reform.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Advanced degree in economics or another relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of issues and practice in development finance.
- Experience in an international development research environment or an international development institution.
- Excellent report – writing and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge in widely-used econometric software packages.
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months
Salary: £32,926 – £39,306 per annum