Founded in 2006, ITIF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute—a think tank. Its mission is to formulate, evaluate, and promote policy solutions that accelerate innovation and boost productivity to spur growth, opportunity, and progress. ITIF’s goal is to provide policymakers around the world with high-quality information, analysis, and actionable recommendations they can trust. To that end, ITIF adheres to a high standard of research integrity with an internal code of ethics grounded in analytical rigor, original thinking, policy pragmatism, and independence from external direction.
The ITIF’s Center for Data Innovation is seeking a Senior Analyst to lead a research initiative on data-driven innovation in the retail sector, examining policy issues such as automation, e-commerce, digital payments, anti-counterfeiting, supply chains, and delivery logistics. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for producing a series of in-depth research reports, blogs, and op-eds exploring these issues for an audience of policymakers, academics, industry experts, and non-profit stakeholders. The ideal applicant will be a highly productive writer, an effective oral communicator, and detail-oriented analyst capable of developing original insights and analysis while thriving in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Center for Data Innovation is a research organization with offices in Washington, DC and Brussels that is part of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, the world’s top ranked science and technology policy think tank.
This position will be based out of Washington, DC and report to the Center’s director.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Conduct research assignments as directed.
- Proactively write op-eds, blogs, and regulatory filings.
- Organize and present research at public and private events.
- Monitor key policy developments and formulate policy positions.
Experience and skills
- Graduate degree in public policy, economics, political science, law, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years full-time experience working as a policy analyst or a similar position.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, retail, and public policy.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Other useful information
To apply for this position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max). Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered;
- Resume (2 pages, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to technology policy (3 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.